Mold Removal Lansing, Michigan, Grand Rapids and Surrounding Area.
Who should handle the clean-up mold issues?
Who should handle the cleanup depends on a number of factors.
One consideration is the size of the mold problem and where the mold is located.
If there has been water damage and/or mold growth consult a certified company like Anew Damage Restoration.
If you already have a mold problem act quickly. Mold will damage whatever it grows on. The longer it grows, the more damage it can cause not just to one's property but to one's health as well.
If you suspect that the heating/ventilation/air conditioning (HVAC) system may be contaminated with mold one should have the air ducts cleaned immediately, before taking further action. Do not run the HVAC system if it is known or suspected that it is contaminated with mold - it potentially could spread mold throughout the home or building.
If the water and/or mold damage was caused by sewage or other related water, then call in a professional who has experience cleaning buildings damaged by contaminated water.
If you have health concerns, consult a health professional before initiating cleanup.
Do not paint or caulk moldy surfaces. Completely clean mold and dry the surfaces before painting. Paint applied over moldy surfaces is likely to peel.
How do I get rid of mold?
It is impossible to get rid of all
mold and mold spores indoors; some mold spores
will be found floating through the air and in house
dust. The mold spores will not grow if moisture is
not present. Indoor mold growth can and should
be prevented or controlled by controlling moisture
indoors. If there is mold growth in your home, you
must clean up the mold and fix the water problem. If
you clean up the mold, but don't fix the water problem,
then, most likely, the mold problem will come back.
Proper mold remediation requires a containment area to facilitate the careful removal and prevent the spreading of mold spores. Mold remediation is best performed by trained professionals that understand the required processes and procedures needed for proper mold removal and containment.
Mold and Mildew - What to do...
You find mold in an area of your home or business.
1. Call Anew Damage Restoration.
2. Due to mold cross contaminating so many areas and health risks involved, it may be required that an indoor air quality specialist be contacted for additional testing. This will help to protect you and your family. If a mold remediation company does not ask for testing, they are not following mold remediation standards and are putting your family and customers at risk.
3. Do not remove items from the area until after Assessment.
4. Call insurance provider and let them know what you found and see if you have coverage for mold remediation.
5. If you feel that the mold is affecting your health or that of others, visit a doctor and see what they may suggest.